Relationships can be tough and every couple deserves compassion, respect, and support. Couples who receive counselling show significant benefits in their relationship. Even the strongest of relationships can benefit. Don't wait...
Often couples wait until issues become severe before they decide to seek counselling. The longer issues are left, the more entrenched they become. The chance of marriage ending in divorce over a forty year period is approximately 67% and half of these divorces occur in the first seven years of marriage.
I specialize in working with couples and I believe it is important to create a positive, comfortable, and easy-to-talk-to environment, where there is no finger pointing or fault finding but instead a hope-focused direction.
I help couples in the following areas:
- Communicate more effectively
- Repair from conflict - Repair Attempts Quiz
- End the cycle of arguing
- Prevent the four most well-researched predictors of divorce
- Better understand each other's differences and feel heard
- Rebuild from infidelity / affairs (emotional, physical, online)
- Partner struggling with PTSD / trauma
- Establish stronger trust in your relationship
- Learn skills to compromise
- Work through feeling stuck or gridlocked on issues
- Effectively address stresses / life changes together
- Restore connection, friendship, and intimacy
- Heal from past hurts
- Maintain a strong relationship with a "marriage checkup"
- Pre-marital counselling
In the process of couple's counselling I integrate an assessment,
individual / couple sessions, development of tools, and maintenance of positive changes to have a more successful relationship.
You can learn more about this assessment at:
Gottman Relationship Checkup.
Couples counselling is a process and not a "quick fix". It takes work inside and outside of sessions. Couples find they benefit most when:
- They both actively participate in sessions
- They both commit to strengthening their relationship
- They both follow up with exercises / homework
- They both ask questions and provide feedback along they way
- They both make counselling a priority
For more information about couples counselling check out: Timing is everything when it comes to couples counselling
If you are seeking couples counselling please print and complete the New Client Form below and bring it to your first appointment: